Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Portrait - Behindinfinity's Morning Rain



Initially, I was asked by a friend to draw the lead character of the novel she is writing. I asked if she have someone in mind that I could use as a reference for the character. At first she picked American Idol's Adam Lambert.


When I finished the painting, she didn't seem pleased. She was looking for 'someting else' - something that could capture her character.


Then, she found this picture posted as a DevID [link] by *behindinfinity. My friend told me to use that as a reference. She told that the person in the picture is how she wants her character to look like.


I was excited to create a work inspired by the said artist. *behindinfinity is one of the Filipino artists I really admire in DeviantArt.


However. due to my moodswings (as well as my tablet's), I didn't get to finish the said artwork.


Instead, I painted this portrait, in honor of a brilliant artist and a great cosplayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment